Monday, February 12, 2007

Doorways, Passageways, Doors

We went to Vejer de la Frontera last Friday. It's one of my favourite places in Spain, or at least in the bits of Spain that I know. For those who didn't know this, de la Frontera is a common addition to town-names in Andalucía, because they used to be on the frontier between Christianity and the Moorish world during the Reconquista, when this bit of the peninsula was the Wild South. It's very nice and medieval.



The following isn't a passageway in Vejer, or even much of a passageway at all. It's in Cádiz, and I liked the fuseboxes and the pushchair.

And this is the bus station while we were waiting for the bus to Vejer, which isn't one of my favourite places in Spain at all - it's let me down too many times for me to feel even slightly well-disposed towards it.

Back to Vejer, and some more entrances (or exits, I suppose).


And these last two are in Cádiz. We were waiting for a friend, who showed up late and was a bit distracted.

No comments: