Thursday, August 30, 2007

Scrabble


This is Super Scrabble. Its main advantage over Scrabble is that games take a whole lot longer to play. I sound slightly bitter because I lost. Comprehensively. But I did get to put down an ocelot. Which segues neatly into the following ocelot-related anthology.

If I could be any one of the things
In the world that bites
Instead of an endangered ocelot on a leash
I'd rather be your kite
(Lou Reed's inventive interpretation of scansion in 'Andy's Chest')

I'll be the first ever Asian astronaut
Blasting off, casting off
The ties that bind like a smashed guitar
Rode a mastodon out of Jurassic Park
Chased by a fan in a Tyrannosaur mask
Travel the traffic cop past the spot
Where the ostrich got across for the ocelot
(Blackalicious's inventive interpretation of sense in 'Do This My Way')

No comments: